FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review of Sofitel Phokeetra Phnom Penh
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:51 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I stayed again recently at this very nice hotel. Nothing much to add to my previous report in the post just above I had booked the same room category and received the same upgrade. Drink voucher, fruit basket and club access. Excellent staff everywhere.
Wifi was working (again) normally (last year it was extremely slow).
I had already tried the spa before but this time I spent more time in as I booked a rate including 1 hr of massage every day . This spa is really great !

Among the new things, although not directly about the hotel, the adjacent Aeon mall is now open. And this is for the best and for the worst. The "best" : it's a luxurious very nice mall but with western prices (and even more expensive) : $111 for a Levis 501 at the Levis store ). The worst : it generates so much traffic during the week end that the entire area is completely paralyzed. PNH airport is literally downtown and it never took me more than 30 min for airport/hotel trip (and reverse). This time, I landed in PNH at 6 pm and it took me 2h15 to reach the Sofitel, including 1h15 to make the last 700m . Even the tuk tuk and motorbikes could not pass. It seems that it's like that every week ends, particularly in the evening (I didn't have any similar problem the other days). Overall, the city is really booming (constructions everywhere) and traffic has clearly increased dramatically in the entire city.

So, another nice stay there and I definitely recommend this hotel if you go to Phnom Penh. I never posted pics during my previous reviews, so here are some, including the Club Millésime. Enjoy

Main lobby and corridor :

Swimming pool (for hotel guests, as there is another one for external guests who have a subscription).

Luxury room :

and luxury toilets

Club Millésime :

the Spa :