FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sites for tracking flight diversions?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:01 am
scottpenderson

Originally Posted by zagorsky
I was wondering if there is a Web site where one could find out any flight diversion in the last 2 or 3 years. For example YYZ-BDA. I guess it should be an airport in the USA.I tried AHerald. Help appreciated.
I see you use Toronto-Bermuda as your example, but you do mention US airports. For US domestic flights, you can use the Bureau of Transportation Statistics website to find diversions by airline based on originating airport. You can then verify if the flight actually diverted, and where it went using the "By Flight" search tab on FlightStats (more info below). BTS Airline Statistics main page or Detailed Statistics Diversion

I also use FlightStats to find most of my personal flight history, including diversions. FlightStats may be a good starting point for diverted flights if you know of specific dates, though it will probably be labor intensive.

If you have a date in mind, you can search "By Route" on the homepage. It will show any flights for that day between two airports and if they were on time, delayed, diverted, or cancelled.

Pick a diverted flight from the list and go back to the homepage and search "By Flight". It should then show you two segments, the original flight (AAA-BBB) as well as the route from the diverted airport to the original destination (DDD-BBB).