FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:24 pm
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Intercontinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman

Intercontinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very Happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked with points (standard room 24 sqm); got DOUBLE UPGRADE to DELUXE TWIN HARAM VIEW (36 sqm). Please note that only Muslims are allowed to enter Madinah city since the city is already crowded with Muslim pilgrimage. Therefore; probably not many of them have Ambassador membership so the staffs here are very courteous to us; giving double upgrade for example.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are what you expect from IC; a bit 90s but in a good way. The room is very clean; and the view from the room is very beautiful; overlooking to the Masjid Al Nabawi.

What was your welcome gift?
- Fruit Platter
- Mineral Waters

How is the exec. lounge?
They don't have executive lounge

What was good
- The location is just off to the Masjid Al Nabawi; therefore it is just walking distance to the Mosque; especially since one of the Mosque Gate is exactly just behind of the hotel back door.
- The view from the room is very beautiful
- Stayed there with my parents; therefore it should be 3 persons in the room. The hotel exempted my extra bed charges upon check-out; It should be 150 SAR/person/night. (150 SAR=40 USD)
- View from the main restaurant is also beautiful; overlooking to Masjid Al Nabawi.
- Double Upgrades on redeeming points definitely hard to find; especially since I'm only Platinum Ambassador.

What was bad?
The hotel feels like 90s five-star hotels but very clean and...since the services were very good so I gradually forgot this during my stay

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
30,000 pts per night for 800 SAR room (210 USD); not counting the double upgrades definitely steal!! Sure!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 1, 2015 at 11:30 pm Reason: Added name of property to post - not thread title only