FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:37 am
davidw70

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Crowne Plaza London - Battersea

Crowne Plaza London - Battersea

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Amb

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes - very much so

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe - received same (although I did receive a call after checking in inviting me to the Club Lounge at 6:30pm which unfortunately I was unable to use)

How are the rooms?
Beautifully finished and a pretty good size. Large amount of cupboard space and even larger bathroom with separate shower, bath and 2 sinks. Not much of a view

What was your welcome gift?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Very helpful staff (had no milk to go with the tea making facilities and was handed about 10 mini pots of milk)
- Beautiful rooms
- Great breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the river and heliport
Bad
- Location may be a problem for many (but that explains the price-point; this hotel would be 2 or 3 times more expensive if more central). The number 44 bus (about 2 minute walk away) gets you to Victoria in about 20 mins so it depends on how convenient you want to be. Clapham Junction station is about 15 mins walk. There's a nice walk along the river which offers a few other dining options but mainly apartments

Value for Money/Points? Would you return?
Great deal on Opening Offer including breakfast. I'd probably pay a few more pounds to be more central but if I needed to be in the area or central prices were ridiculous, I'd absolutely return again