FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad/unnecessary travel gear?
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:49 am
Mellonc

I'm gonna be honest and say that I hate spinner carry on luggage. They take valuable space away and becomes harder to roll as soon as you leave the nice smooth concrete surface. You can drag it like you would a carry on but then the weight/balance thing become off kilter and starts becoming a strain on your arm....

Also, I thinkThick/leather shaving kits are total unnecessary. They look good. but take too much space. and you can't put it down on wet countertops.

Nylon underpants (it dries quicker). For some reason nylon rubs me the wrong way and creates friction even under moderate walking in my nether region. I'll sacrifice washing/quick drying ability for a regular cotton or modal (more $$) underwear. If I run out, I'll buy another one.

Hand sanitizers. Not sure it does anything. I'd rather wash.

Large headphones (noise cancelling or not). Takes up too much room. Better with sound isolating ear buds or noice cancelling ear buds. Even the best ones (Bose) actually don't reduce noise once it touches the seat. As you relax and tilts your head back, the headphones actually starts touching the seat. And once it touches any vibrating part of the airplane, the waves starts to make sound in your headphone. It sucks. I much prefer the smaller noise cancelling model or the sound isolating ear buds.

Large, thick books or magazines. I don't need them anymore. Takes up too much room. IPad or Kindle replaced them. (though, a nice hard bound books have some sentimental or coffee table value at home).