FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Kenya Airways Lounge Open!
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:23 am
KQ321

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
As I understand it, there are now 3 KQ lounges open in the international terminal at JKIA:

• A small one, near gate 5, that was opened shortly after the fire (and was originally restricted to J-class pax - I am not sure whether that still applies). I don't know if this will be closed now that all KQ flights are checking in at T1A, but I hope it would remain all the while any SkyTeam flights are using that part of the terminal.

• The new 'Simba' lounge, near the food court and security checkpoint in T1A. (Turn left as you exit the T1A security checkpoint, and take the lift on your right, next to the transfer desk; or walk along the corridor round the back of the food court). This one is convenient if you are coming from check-in, or have a flight departing from the old part of the terminal. However, it is relatively small, and hence can get crowded easily.

• The new 'Pride' lounge, located at the end of the new terminal pier, near gate 17 (turn right near the end of the pier, and take the lift). This one is very spacious, but rather than just having one large seating area, it has several smaller areas, with different types of seats and design styles. One section is designated as a 'napping area', with reclined seats. The dining area has a nice view out over the apron. I understand hot meals are served 3 times a day (not sure of the exact times) and snacks are available the rest of the time. The washrooms include showers (staff will provide towels and amenity packs on request).

All 3 lounges have free wifi, although you need to collect a code or password from the lounge staff.

I was told by the lounge staff that both the Simba and Pride lounges accept SkyTeam Elite Plus pax, as well as business class travellers. However, unless you are very pushed for time, it seems the Pride lounge is the best one to go for.

The SkyTeam lounge finder page for Nairobi does not appear to have been updated yet, as it only shows the small, old lounge near gate 5 (which was originally also called 'Simba', but I don't know if it has been renamed now the new Simba lounge has opened).

Lift (on the left) to reach new Simba lounge:

Sign for new Pride lounge:

A seating area in the Pride lounge:

'Napping area' in the Pride lounge:

Dining area in the Pride lounge: