FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:26 pm
crimson12

Originally Posted by crimson12
I've seen some questions but no definitive recent answers so I just wanted to see if anyone has had Serve loads definitively count toward minimum spends on Amex cards? My wife has an Amex Plat and I'm getting one shortly, so we'll have a bunch of minimum spending to hit (higher than usual based on targeted offers). Have been loading $1k/month to Serve - hoping it counts. If not, I owe some taxes this year (bleh) so I can use the Amex if I absolutely must, though given the ~2% fee obviously I'd prefer not to...

Thanks!
To answer my own question -- yes, the Serve loads definitely counted toward the minimum spend. (The points for spending haven't posted yet so I don't know about that for sure, but I'm assuming she won't earn regular spending points per the wiki.) The total spend on the card is about $5500, and $2000 of that is in Serve loads. The deal was 50k points after $5k spend, and the bonus points have posted; they couldn't have posted if the Serve loads didn't count. I've edited the wiki accordingly.