FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:44 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Direct from an email from our friendly QF contact (looks like he retained his RGM title ):

I can confirm we can take 30 people – not including QF staff – on the hangar tour on the 21st. We will go to Hangar 3 which is where the A330 work is being undertaken. We think 60 – 90 minutes will be about the right sort of timing given the numbers.

I will let you know what information we need ahead of the 21st and then what people need to bring with them, on the day.
Happy days everybody - I'm excited. I don't know of any other maintenance hanger tour that FT has done in Australia, so I welcome the first (of many). What an opportunity.

Now, those Silvers had better hurry up and firm up their travel plans. Plus there appears that another three spots available and I have had contact from IainF who is local, interested and doesn't need major travel plans to attend. He are now on the Silver list. Travel Guru also was in contact, but then realised a previous engagement meant he can't attend).

The RGM has also confirmed that the Head of Customer Experience Brisbane will also be attending and (we are all hoping, fingers crossed) Red Roo as well. There will be a QF Engineering person leading the tour.

RGM, HCE and (hopefully) Red Roo will all be coming back to the QP for a drink and talk with us. As there will be two additional cars that can take 3 or 4 pax, then we have probably between 9 and 12 pax able to be ferried back (and then the balance in perhaps 2 maxi taxis, probably at the princely sum of ~$2 per person). Now if we could get a QF mini b*s (whoops, mentioned the b*s)

Now, what does everybody think

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 4, 2015 at 9:00 pm