FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:14 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Holiday Inn - Southend-on-Sea

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum (RA)

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
o Booked - Standard Room, as 15% off Flex Company rate 1 day out
o Given - Corner Exec Room on 3rd Floor (non airport side) , upgraded online with 12hours.

How are the rooms?
o Quite large
o Kind of pseudo hallway into room due to rooms position in building
o End of hallway Fridge for use (empty) can be stocked as a minibar on request + Work desk and Chair . Entry to rooms main part
o Bathroom with Bath and decent towels
o King bed with usual HI pillow choice, plenty of lighting to read in bed
o Flat LCD TV (40"or so) but offset on far wall between end of bed and workdesk. Can pull out/angle on bracket to watch from bed.
o 2-seater Sofa
o Glass Wall/Window both sides/walls of far corner of the room
o Coffee+Tea Tray, roomsafe as usual
o aircon aok and quiet
o No noise reached me in my from nearby airport

What was good and what was bad?
o Good
+ Just a 400m walk to terminal to checkin for flight to AMS
+ Train from London to Airport would just be 400m walk ( Train issues so I arrived Southend Central, so 10min 10gbp Taxi fare )
+ Fast checkin, friendly polite reception, no queues
+ Offered Platinum Amenity 500pts or drink (can be a pint of beer) ... (Drink vouchers hotels own with list of what is allowed, very good)
+ Chose Drink Voucher AND THEN was told I can have the 500pts too ^
+ Top 5th Floor Bar and draught beer + Restaurant, Seating and 360 view.
+ Ordered food, Steak+Ale pie, mash+veg... home made with double the meat I expected, really nice and great value.

o Neutral
- I thought checkout would be quick, no queue, completed in 2mins, but then told I would need to wait further for bill printout, Gave up and walked after further 5mins without bill as had plane to AMS in 50minutes, no other guests around, no explanation on delay either.

o Bad
- Nothing

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Only 15k/night so versus circa 70-80gbp/night points do make sense based on P+C Rates

Paid stay as need for 1Q2015 promo and my needed RA renewal nights

A YES, both on hotel stay and convenience for early flight to AMS with no need to be at checkin more than 45mins before flight here.

ps
Reception guy even spoke with restaurant and organized my food charged as restaurant (not room) as I need spend $$$ on 1Q2015 tasks (that task excludes things like in room dining $$$'s).