FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (older posts)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:02 am
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by VSLover
oh J is so much better. for me it comes to skimping on the F seat materials. shell is cheap, seat padding is not where it should be as on the 77W i mean i sit in that seat JFK-SFO in winter for just as long as i do a TATL.

but i'm beating a dead horse on that point.

i was actually unhappy that for two trips to SF in the next two weeks i HAD to book F because it was a few hundred less than J for the flight times i needed.
Well, I do think it bears repeating. I think your points are valid, for me it does come down to the privacy. I'm now pretty much on these flights only when coming back from Europe through JFK, I want to be able to sleep when I feel like it, not have to walk around or have people walk over me while I do so, etc etc. If I'm in 1A I have eaten (if I want to) within an hour of take off, then can sleep. Service is just slower and the cabin much more public in J.

I agree that, together with some improvements, we got some downgrades in this version of the seat, it's not quite the same as AA's Intl one. But there's a reason IMO why in general the Cirrus seat elicits comparison to lesser F products on TATL/TPAC carriers, which no one would do with the CO seat. If I'm on the 8:40am to JFK J would do just fine, when it's 6pm in New York and I just got back from Europe I really do appreciate the F product. To be honest, I am now at the point where on any flight where AA's J will do, so will VX or B6 F .... so that's what I'll book.