FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:02 pm
SansSerif

After taking a closer look at some of his more recent posts, I feel Lucky shedded the whole "fly first for less" theme a while ago. To add to his defense, I'll remind critics that Ben never started as a frugal fly for free blogger to begin with.

His tone has changed. And since he's a travel blogger writing posts for a living, I'd argue that the "product" has changed as well. I've stated else where that I'm not the biggest fan of this product, but I don't understand the anger or "hate" leveled against him either.

Edit

I also don't think highly of his flippant attitude (or at best, his ignorance) in attaching a photo with a family who in all likelihood earns far less than US$5,000 per annum to further his happiness argument. I don't know those photographed at all or where they live, but a basic understanding of developing world economics and a quick rudimentary analysis of what's pictured tells me they do not earn $5,000 a year.

But I agree with the argument's conclusion.

Edit edit

And an annual income of $5,000 is hardly considered poverty in many "third world" countries.

Edit edit edit

And I'd bet that the people who do live in bona fide poverty would NOT be happy.

Okay, I promise I'm done nitpicking.

Last edited by SansSerif; Jan 16, 2015 at 10:17 pm