FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (older posts)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:22 am
roder

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Flew the A321T in F on AA 2 LAX-JFK Yesterday. Upon boarding my seat (3F) the remote was not working properly (Kept flashing between the "Waiting for Content to Load" message and a few other screens). Tried resetting the IFE 3x before realizing that was not going to fix it-- only other open seat in F had the same problem.

On a hunch, I tried resetting the remote in the same fashion that you do with the TV (Holding down the middle "O" button for 10-20 seconds) and it actually DOES trigger a reset for the remote. Once the remote was fully restarted (All loading screens completed and went to a blank screen), I then reset the IFE one last time (Holding power on the TV for 10-20 seconds). Once the IFE fully reset the remote was functional. Viola!

Then in the Air the WiFi was not working (no gogoinflight hotspot). FA tried resetting 2-3x times without success. I asked if he could please ask the flight deck if there was anything they could try. He was hesitant (told me he had the only control) but did agree to ask. Came back and said the pilots were trying a few things and 5 mins later WiFi was up and running.

All of these technology issues were a bit frustrating but happy I was able to help solve them. F seat was nice, but a bit constricting.. I do think I actually prefer J on this bird.