FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:51 pm
Unterwegs

IC Nha Trang

IC Nha Trang

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive:
Booked cheapest, got upgrade to the xx05 room. Asked for the extra charge for the xx04 suite. They quoted 170 US$ per night before the stay. After the first night I checked the price again and they made a very reasonable offer which I accepted.

How are the rooms?
New, modern, The xx05 is facing the ocean, but the view is limited since it has a smaller window than other rooms on that side of the building. The xx04 suite view is absolutely stunning (highly recommended to get this room). Separate bedroom, licing room and bathroom (great 270 degree ocean view even from the bathtub)

How is the exec. lounge?
Good location and great view.
Very mediocre and slow service.
Food offerings very limited and very bad quality, even with a handful of guest they were constantly out.
Management seems to be working on these issues, but until this is resolved I would never pay for club access (see my report in the master thread)

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a relative useless small paper notebook.

How was the minibar?
It is average with some bigger size bottles of liquor.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Very friendly, hotel has improved a lot over the last 6 month.
Location and view is good (in the center of town)

-Bad
Club

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Hotel is still relatively inexpensive, but so is everything in Nha Trang (seems they have overbuild there)

Would you return?
Yes