FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:30 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'd say much of this forum you're ambassador for is sad, then. The number of threads that go off into "I don't like this blogger's lifestyle because of reasons so I'll be snarky"... well, it's a leitmotif here.
Although sometimes they lapse into passive aggression, folks here tend to be pretty blunt.

Bens tone in the quoted comments were very passive aggressive which comes off as defensive. I spend money or miles for first on short flights too. And I am very comfortable with doing so because it's worth it to me. Yes, even on 'scary' US carriers! I feel no need to be defensive or sarcastic about how many miles or how much money I have. Neither should ben.

As for Bens UA ban, I thougt that he was re-using cash e-certs, not upgrade e-certs. Either way it's fraud (and there is really nothing clever about fraud) but IF it was upgrade certs rather than cash certs then the fraud does seems slightly less serious. ETA, looks like crusr confirms it was the more serious cash fraud.