FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:02 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
On most days, Ben is the single most read individual in the frequent flyer space, more read than any single post/thread on FlyerTalk or other travel community. This is because he has content that is readable and enjoyable, not arguable.
The movie Twilight, Justin Bieber, the Kardashians, and People magazine are very popular, too. Popularity and quality aren't always the same. OMAAT used to be different, and I used to be a fairly regular reader, but it's not the same anymore.

Originally Posted by tng11
Now, I know it's bad etiquette to talk about posters, but I am genuinely curious about what the UA incident is.
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/.../#post-1548220

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Really? A guy who spends tons of time on airplanes, bragging about the irrational routings he takes so he can fly first class all over the world and complaining when he isn't recognized by name, has sympathy because someone else spends too much time on planes? His "scary" comment was a slam at the person who spent the money, not at Delta itself.
Agreed. It was pretty clear the intent, particularly after his clarification in comments that expanded the disdain to all domestic airlines. No, it's not Watergate, but it was a snarky and condescending headline & comment.