FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:29 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SansSerif
When did we make the jump to Ben "sneering" at people? Is this still in reference to the ouch on Delta quote?

If so, there are a variety of interpretations for this one line comment. I, for one, saw this as a general comment on how painful it must be to spend that much time in an airplane, first class or not, paid or not, work-related or not.

It seems that some readers have taken the most negative interpretation possible and started running with it.

Edit

I reread the quote, and I'll admit it may not be as innocuous as I originally thought. But still not worth blowing up, IMO.
Really? A guy who spends tons of time on airplanes, bragging about the irrational routings he takes so he can fly first class all over the world and complaining when he isn't recognized by name, has sympathy because someone else spends too much time on planes? His "scary" comment was a slam at the person who spent the money, not at Delta itself.