FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:18 pm
ffflllyyyeeerrr

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Is it possible to use this benefit even on Airbnb?

What about a small "boutique" hotel with no online booking system?

What about a super expensive safari lodge that is only bookable by travel agents?
I believe Airbnb wouldn't work. However, the Carlson Wagonlit Travel service is a travel agent service as far as I know. You may have luck with the other options. The way booking works is as follows:
1) Call Citi Prestige Concierge
2) Describe to the agent that you want to book travel, using the 4th night free
3) Concierge agent will conference in a travel agent (from CWT)
4) You discuss with the travel agent where and when you are going, which properties you are interested in, etc... just as you might with any agent. They will also ask for a best way to be contacted back, I always suggest email as they can just email me details and I can review them at my leisure.
5) After a period of time (usually <24hrs), the agent will reach out to you with the results. If over email, they'll send you a fully detailed report of the hotels/properties you requested information for, or any additional they might have found. This will include the daily rate and any 4th night free benefits you will receive, all with exact dollar (or local currency) amounts.
6) You call back to the concierge, then they connect you with the travel service (CWT), and you can book the option(s) you like best. The booking portion might be doable over email, but I've never tried.

Given that sequence, you could almost certainly request any property you'd want. Whether or not they can book it would be another story. It's hard to make a blanket statement about situations without trying.

A fellow FT member with the Prestige card and some free time might be able to call the CWT service and try to "book" something given a sample itinerary with your properties to see if they are available.

Last edited by ffflllyyyeeerrr; Jan 4, 2015 at 12:25 pm