FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:49 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Los Angeles

IC los Angeles

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior given King Premier Suite

How are the rooms?
My suite was newly renovated. They are still renovating the rooms at 3 floor at a time. I think I must have been the first to stay in this room because it was missing some curtains. One at the door that leads out to the large terrace, and another to cover the huge picture glass window between the bedroom and living room. The new heating and air controls are much better than before. There are also two other smaller balconies in this suite to go with the terrace. When all the doors are open there is a lovely breeze that runs through the suite. There's a nice new L shaped sofa which can open up to a large extra bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
None, but there is a new VIP check in room. It was nice to check in there, however it was closed when I checked out.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Some fruit and a couple bottles of Voss.

How was the minibar?
Same as before. Good selection including sparkling wine.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
The spa is still excellent with a nice hot steam room and sauna. The renovated rooms are done up pretty nicely.

-Bad
Just the missing curtains.

Value for $'s?
For an RA yes. But it's a pricey hotel.

Would you return?
Yes.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 20, 2015 at 10:00 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only