FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:28 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Look, I tend to take a more liberal view than many about the credit card links on the premise that the free market takes care of the really content empty blogs. But, one of Ben's posts today, http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lta-last-year/, essentially laughing at the prospect of someone with a real job who decided to do all (or almost all) of his traveling on Delta in 2014, really makes me long for the day the free market makes "careers" like Ben's useless to anyone.

And then, where does a smug, pampered brat get himself a job in the real world? "Well, I was the first travel blogger to review first class on every airline that operates an A380."

That'll really impress somebody in a hiring interview.

I'm no Delta fan, having made my last flight on them four years ago, but they generally operate well (just not for me), serve a lot of cities in the US and overseas, and are undoubtedly a fine option for someone who probably requires a lot of domestic and overseas options in making his business travel plans. And who probably doesn't have to open some credit cards or look for a spending bonus in order to sit in a premium cabin.

Since he's probably making a lot of money in a real job, Ben. . .