FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred: Travel Delay Protection
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:56 pm
knowledgeispower

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just got approved for $632 for a trip delay in Washington D.C. (My US Airways flight was delayed because of an equipment problem so I missed my connecting flight and was forced to stay overnight).

I was flying on air miles but smartly used my Chase United Explorer Visa to pay the taxes and fees for our flights. Since there were 2 of us (me and my wife) we were eligible up to $1000 total in reimbursements for the 2 tickets.

The $632 was for a 1 night room, dinner, and taxi roundtrip from the airport. Sent in the paperwork immediately after I got back via email (quicker than mail) and within 2 weeks I got the approval email!

Hoping to get the check in the mail soon! We did not get $30 in gratuity reimbursed but we might try calling Chase and seeing if they will cover it like someone previously mentioned they did. Either way $30 for this nice layover isn't bad! Our hotel was $319 + tax coming to $380, way more than I would ever pay personally. It wasn't anything fancy, just a 3 star Hampton Inn but it was located near the White House so that explains the rate...

Love this benefit!