FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:54 am
yasmas

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
Trip report: Just completed lax-jfk-nrt-sin-nrt-jfk-lax for my wife and me both DL PM each needed about 5k MQM still for the year to maintain PM so this seemed good for a nice rollover balance too. Fare was $920 ea so cpm 3.6, I have seen this fare in the high $800’s though I paid more as I turned it into a little time off and did a layover 1day / 24hrs. both ways in NY, without the NY layover could get it in the in high $800's a few weeks back with even a few day stay in SIN. I am thinking this fare is going to be available again after first of the year as capacity loads seem low. Seating on the 777 EC we took the three middle all legs gambling no one would take the middle EC seat, ny-nrt center seat open as most were in the cabin, nrt-sin center seat got occupied so we switched to sit next to each other, sin-nrt center seat open about half center seats open, nrt-ny this flight was crazy empty on Dec4th everybody in EC took a whole row except one family who sat in a row together and I think two ladies in bulk head who still had empty seat between them. On this flight BE cabin back section only two people and only about 3/4 full in front BE cabin. On all legs in BE cabin had empty seats so if you have SWU you will be able to use them no problem. Flight attendants are even pretty protective of EC seats one guy tried to move into a EC seat from a couple of rows back and flight attendant told him he could not sit in that row although it was completely empty until another EC customer took it to have a whole row. Flight attendant on departure made a comment she has not seen this flight that empty in a long time.

Additional info:
This routing can be tuff for just a pure MR it will beat you up so I commend all that have done it as a true MR. As I said I did a layover both ways 1 day in NYC which can make a ton difference. Easy to take the E train to Queensboro plaza hotels right there. You can take the N/Q train up a few stops to Astoria for great dinner places let me know if you want some suggestions on some excellent Greek restaurants. On the way back through NY took the E train a few more stops into Manhattan and turned in some Marriott points to stay at the Residence Inn on Broadway & 54th Street right next to the station that is a great hotel as all residence inn rooms start at 35 floor and great views of central park.

Hotels in Singapore: If your going to stay a couple of days, Royal Plaza on Scott you can get it for about $130 on Hotwire right next to the Orchard station, Hotel Jen by Orchard Gateway, Somerset station right below hotel, this is a brand new hotel opened in September and great infinity pool if your going to do some RR this would be a good choice it is about $200 a night but worth it. Village at Changi hotel is close to the airport with a free shuttle problem is for Delta flights it only runs 5am-12am so tuff with Delta flight times cab is about $15 SD to the airport, great hawker stand next to hotel and the Italian restaurant top floor has really good food and is not that expensive for Singapore. The other problem with the Delta arrival flight is the MRT does not run after 12am so you either need to take a taxi to city center, stay at the airport or airport hotel and next day take the MRT into the city which is easy.

Ok SIN mileage runners have fun!

Last edited by yasmas; Dec 6, 2014 at 8:59 am