FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience buying or selling with Roomer?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:52 pm
DAV2355711

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Hi,

I "bought" a reservation last summer from Roomer and had some issues with their customer support.

When you buy a reservation, they're supposed to get back to you within like, I don't know, 24 or 48 hours or something, whatever, they didn't get back to me within that time, I wrote them, they never replied but my reservation went through the next day so I wrote it off.

When I got to the hotel, though, the reservation had never been transferred into my name. I gave them the printout from Roomer and they found the reservation based on the original booking code and let me check in but gave me a look and the whole thing took like 15-20 minutes and the kid had to talk to his manager and the whole thing was kind of sketchy. Wasn't the best check-in experience and at a more top-shelf hotel, I can't imagine they would've just given me the room (this was an Ibis I was checking into).

My 2 cents.

I'd use them again if I were in a pinch or a really great deal came up but buyer beware, I received close to no support, the process dragged out longer than it was supposed to, and in the end the reservation was never even changed into my name.