FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Hustle: The Hotel Award Search Tool [down until further notice]
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:19 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hotel Hustle: The Hotel Award Search Tool [down until further notice]

Searching one chain for hotel awards is easy enough: Go to the site, enter your destination and hope something comes up. But what if you have points in lots of programs? That's a lot of searches. And how do you compare the points required to know which award room is the best deal relative to the cash price being asked? Let Hotel Hustle handle those details for you.

Put in a destination and dates and the tool searches multiple programs to determine both revenue and award availability and prices. It also maps the options out and calculates the "value" of an award booking relative to the nominal value of those points. So a 1.5cpm redemption in program A might actually be a better deal than a 2.0cpm redemption in program B. Right now those values are fixed but I'm building in the ability for users to specify their own point values or to just go with the average results the system calculates over time based on search history.

I'm looking for feedback and user input so give it a go and let me know what you think. Currently supported programs are:
  • Club Carlson
  • IHG Rewards Club
  • Marriott Rewards
  • Starwood Preferred Guest
  • Wyndham Rewards
Choice Hotels should be online pretty soon and I'm working on Hyatt and Hilton as well though ETA for those is unknown at this point.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.