FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:04 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Adam1222
just shut this forum down and replace it with Requests for Booking Assistance abd New to Mileage Programs. Everything else that gets posted here is better suited for other fora, and ends up being moved there most of the time. Info Desk is just encouraging lazyness.
Things are not getting any better since we last chimed in here back in August, does it?

Originally Posted by CDKing
I thought this forum would end up more as a place to house cross program wikis.
I thought so too.

I still don't think lumping basic newbies' questions with cross-award planning in the same forum is a best move since different levels of knowledge and skills are involved. Maybe it's time to have separate fora for newbie Q&As and cross-award planning discussion, as I had vigorously proposed in the original TB discussion thread:

A new award planning forum?

I know creating new subforums should be brought up in TB Topics Forum but I would like to have MOD's input on this "trend of development" in the current ID Forum before rehashing my idea over there. Just look at what's happening to the new Premium Fare Deals Forum. Things can be chaotic and confusing when parallel discussion & input happens in both TB Topics Forum and the target forum concurrently, especially when members are not sure who decides what, MODs or TBers.

I understand a newbie's misplaced thread may sit in ID Forum for a few days before being relocated and MODs' effort to have a friendly "environment." But when people can quickly learn the ropes and figure out the structure of FT, why make them stay in newbie's corner and unnecessary prolong their transit time in ID Forum? There are newbies and there are newbies. After all, not every newbie needs to be handheld and/or spoonfed. There are also times I don't know how to distinguish TravelBuzz and ID Forum no more. Very frustrating.

I think I've been participating in ID Forum mostly by sending RBPs recently. So exactly what is ID Forum and what should ID Forum look like in forum mods' eyes?