FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:00 pm
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
HI Helsinki city west

HI Helsinki City West

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No (see below the section "bad"), I am fed up with this property

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 standard rooms on pointbreaks, got same, rooms facing backstreet, not the sea view. I was not bothered not to get an upgrade, since the executive rooms are similar but on highest floor with better amenities nothing more. Here it only matters to get a sea view room which actually has nice views on higher floors.

- How are the rooms?
The rooms are quite typical HI, small. Decor is a bit dark. TVs are getting dated, no HD, smallish. Tiny bathroom with shower.

- How is the exec. lounge?
There is none.

Good:
There is a decent gym. A sauna as well but I have never tried
Breakfast used to be fairly good in the past (not now, I skipped it as there was so much people it was a mess)

Bad:
Do not expect any elite/frequenter/loyalty recognition here. I have stayed in this hotel >100 times since its opening, but I don't remember a single stay with any recognition for my loyalty or frequent stay or elite membership. My current stay was nothing specially bad, I just got fed up this no-recognition. I stayed here on pointbreaks for a getaway this time, but I have used this hotel in the past a lot when I had business here and there is no choice nearby (Radisson Seaside a bit further by, which is WAY better).

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Pointbreaks is always good value despite disappointment otherwise.

- Would you return?

Nevermore. Will stay at home.