FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Ponte 16 Macau/Macao
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:04 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Review of Sofitel Macau Ponte 16 (with pictures)

I've been for the 1st time in this great hotel.

I had booked 2 nights but unfortunately, due to a 14hrs delay in my flight to reach HKG (technical problem having led to postponement of the flight), I have missed the 1st night . As it was a non-modifiable/non-cancellable booking and paid at 90% with points, I was not able to recover anything from the hotel (which is perfectly understandable and so I will sort this out with the airline).

I had booked a superior room city view and was upgraded without asking to Luxury room harbor view (as confirmed by e-mail before my stay) . The room was almost like a junior suite, very big, at the club floor and just in front of the club signature lounge (I had no more than 2 steps to walk to be in the lounge). Looking at the floor evacuation plan on the room door, this room was the largest of the floor. So in fact I think I had a double upgrade (maybe linked to the fact I missed my 1st night). In the room, I had fruits and cakes and a bottle of French red wine (Bordeaux).

View from the room :

I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the hotel lobby. Just a bit too bling-bling to me.

The club floor and the lounge were just like heaven in this very busy hotel. All the staff was great, especially at the lounge. The food offering at the happy hour free evening cocktail time is very varied and, frankly, this can make your dinner. The lounge is nice with a fancy atmosphere. It is just a pity when some uneducated mainland Chinese guests are present in the lounge wearing flip-flop shoes and sleeveless T-shirts and belching loudly every 5 min (I'm neither joking nor exaggerating) .

View from the lounge

The swimming pool :

Just to mention an odd point : there was no turndown service. I don't know if I was just forgotten that day or if they don't do this at this hotel.

I used both ways the free shuttle to/from the ferry terminal. It runs every 15 min. Another advantage of this hotel is the perfect location in town (10 min walking from the UNESCO-classified old city center).
Overall, great hotel with top notch platinum recognition ^. I would return without hesitation.