FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:44 am
dsuday

First time applied for a Citi AAdvantage Platinum card with the 50,000 bonus offer a week back. Got the welcome letter and but no card received yet.
Today I get a targeted offer for Citi AAdvantage Gold with limited time offer of 60K points (50K for $1500/- spend in 3 months, bonus 10,000 for $5000/- in 12 months).
Obviously this is a better offer. I have not applied yet.
a) If I apply for this , will I get approval and the miles (60K added to the 50K from the Platinum card).
b) Or if I cannot, can I ask Citi to match this offer on my card already approved ?

The language says"If you are an existing Citi/AAdvantage card member, you are not eligible for this offer on your existing account". This is different than the "This CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ card offer is only valid for new applicants for a CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ account made pursuant to this offer and is not available to existing cardmembers or recent applicants for a CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ credit card."

Holding on to the hope that this implies I may not get points on the previous application, but may get this if I am applying for this new card.

Last edited by dsuday; Nov 15, 2014 at 8:00 am Reason: addl info