FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:09 am
opus2002

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by Happy
Personal card using the first link with 2 AAdmiral Club Passes, offer found on AA website as well. Instant Denial. Automatic phone status check stated offer is for first time applicant only, "our records show you previously owned this card...."

Looks like the 18 months bell curve top now is shifting towards to the right with husband's account joining those who got denied even 18 months passed reported recently. There is a string of denials with only one success, at 14th month mark no less. Encouraged by that so I did husband's app. Alas, he is back to the dog house like in 2012.

So for those of you who got Instant Denial, dont bother to call recon. Check the status at 888-201-4523 first. Chances are you are denied due to the first timer only clause.

Time line
Opened 05/19/13 (at the 14+ months mark)
Closed 04/29/14 due to no fee waiver (took a 3K miles / $500 2 months before, thus negated the fee waiver offer according the retention rep)
Re-applied 11/12/14 Instant Denial

Card prior to May 2013 was denied at 19+ months mark but approved at 21+ months mark. I thought since he was able to get the latest one at only 14+ months mark, his account was out of the unlucky group... Unfortunately I was proven wrong - Looks like husband's account is back to the pool of the unlucky ones as back in 2012.

Should have got him another HH which he had instant approvals on all in this year, instead of wasting a pull on AA.
A couple of weeks ago, Wife applied on the 19th month since last Citi AA application and got a denied letter a few days later due to "...not being a first time card holder..."

So, it looks to me the 18-month is out of the window. The question is what is the new timeframe to apply.