FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG DO 2014 | 8-9 November
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:09 am
christep
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The details of the Friday hike which HongKongHikers is running are now online here. As you can see we will be going to Lamma Island, but unlike Saturday's dinner trip, which will just be a ferry to the restaurant, dinner and a ferry back, this hike will allow you to actually see some of the island.

The HKH people are meeting in Aberdeen at the ferry pier, but for FT HKG DO people I will meet you in Admiralty (outside exit C1 of Admiralty MTR at street level) at 09:40 PROMPT. This will give you a little extra time in Aberdeen to stroll along the waterfront, and have a quick look around the fish market before we get on the ferry to Lamma. This is a smaller wooden "kaito" style ferry, not like the bigger air-conned high-speed ones from Central.

The walk is about 10km in total, with two options for the amount of hill climbing (all hikes in HK involve hill climbing), and will take about 2.75 to 3 hours. We have the option of late lunch in Yung Shue Wan (the main village on Lamma, not Sok Kwu Wan where the DO dinner on the Saturday will be) before heading back to Central and hotels etc for a quick freshen up before the evening's events start.

I currently have the following interested in this hike: TravelKane, nomadic.relief, ckpeter, timid_trnchcoat, freqflyercoll, ellyse. I will PM them shortly to confirm attendance and the meeting point. If anyone else would like to join this Friday hike then please PM me.

Last edited by christep; Nov 5, 2014 at 10:36 pm