FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:21 pm
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Csfing1
You were blessed! Were you in EC or in back? How long will you be in SIN? Enjoy your trip! How many times have you made this MR? Hope the rest of your run goes as well. Keep us posted?

Happy Travels! Get your Flu shot! If anyone gets lower prices, please post. Cheers!
This is my 2nd time doing the run (both times as quick turns in SIN without a stay). Slow travel year and expected to get even slower before its over so figured what the heck and did this 2nd one on 2 days advanced purchase, this puts me to just under PM, and with my bday trip and possible Amex bonus, could hit DM this year. Missed upgrades to LAX, and the transcon to JFK, but was lucky to get an entire aisle to myself JFK-NRT and NRT-SIN, however both weren’t EC. The first run I attempted to book a stay at the transit hotel in T1 where Delta operates from but they were full so i had to use the ‘Haven’ lounge/hotel outside security in T3 (word of warning, getting BACK from T3 to T1 at 4AM is a royal pain as the train does not start till 5AM and i couldn’t find any way to walk back so i had to hire a cab to take me to the other terminal). This time the transit hotel said they were full but said to check when i landed to be sure, and lucky enough they had space, albeit in a triple room (3 beds for little ol me). Overall i like the transit hotel more, much bigger room with plenty of space to unpack and unwind, plus full en-suite bathroom with shower/tub. The Haven one was a very tiny room with a short bed, and a shared bathroom/shower facility. Only downside to the transit hotel is that there is no internet at all. They don’t provide any and there is no reception from the airports free wifi past the lobby.

After checking out at 4:30 I grabbed my tickets from the transfer desk, sadly some cruel soul took the middle seat in row NRT-JFK (non-EC) and there are no other empty rows anywhere. Tho thankfully SIN-NRT had many empty rows, including EC, Im in 31A, B, and C. Flight to NRT was quiet, curled up and watched a lot of TV on my iPad. Dozed in and out most of NRT-JFK. Was insanely lucky my upgrade cleared JFK-LAX so having an actual bed with good food. Currently chilling in the LAX lounge till my red-eye back to MSP