FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase may be coding Amex Serve as a Cash Advance (not confirmed)
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:19 am
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by letopeto
Everyone,

Please be aware -- chase is now coding as of today amex serve transactions as a cash advance. My transaction was declined, and after calling in to CS, found out it is being coded as a cash advance.

I luckily had the foresight to set my cash advance limit to $0, but looks like Chase is dead.
Originally Posted by voodoomonkey
I can see it reduced my "Available for Cash Advance" amount by $500. That's evidence enough for me. Sucks.
I just loaded Serve this morning with my CSP card and I didn't see any changes in Cash Advance amount changed and I haven't set my Cash Advance to zero. Does it deduct the Cash Advance available balance as soon as you charge to it or after it gets posted? If that is the case, I didn't see any changes.

For both of you, can you please list which Chase cards it coded as "cash advance"? I have read in the past that if you use the Ink (Cash, Plus or Bold) cards that it could be charged as cash advance but I am not sure how many data points there were.