FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Taste of Turkey (TK Y)
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:55 pm
SAtraveller

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Antalya and the Limak Atlantis Hotel

After arriving we discovered that a piece of our luggage had been left in Istanbul, so we made arrangements for it to be delivered to the hotel when it finally arrived. This turned out to be at 2:30 the next morning, but at least it arrived

After a 45 minute drive we arrived at the Limak Atlantis hotel in Belek. The hotel grew on me every day until the last day, when I was genuinely sad to leave. It runs an all-inclusive policy for food and drink which is fantastic (though not for the waistline). The staff are remarkably friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay at this excellent 5* resort.

Some images of the pool area...

The pools were extremely refreshing especially considering it was well over 30 degrees Celsius during the day.

Some views of the grounds...

There is a main restaurant in the hotel which serves an extensive buffet, as well as several specialty restaurants that serves anything from Mexican to Chinese to Turkish food.

We decided to head for the Turkish restaurant on one of our nights...

The food was absolutely delicious and extremely well presented.

The hotel also has resident cats who are well cared for and have the cutest babies that guests like to entertain. Going to read at night while they climb on you and go to sleep has to be one of the most relaxing and rewarding experiences.

During the day we often wondered down to the beach. The sea was very warm and tranquil and glorious to swim in. We hired a pavilion each day - there are a limited amount but they come with a great deal of privacy and comfort as well as an all day drinks and food service.

Pavilion breakfast at the seaside

Afternoon caviar and champagne

One night we traveled about 15 minutes from our hotel to Aspendos, an ancient amphitheater which was built in 155 BC to watch Tosca, the Opera. I don't mind telling you that it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and one that I will treasure dearly.