FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Citi card insurance 11/23/14 and 5/15/2016.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:10 pm
themicah

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Actually using these benefits is a whole different story though. No idea if Citi make you jump through hoops or not.
I've used price protection several times (actually "Internet Price Protection," which isn't available on any current cards, but I think it works the same as the other price protection benefits). Claims were handled by a Citicorp insurance company and there is some paperwork required, but I got a check in the mail for my claim every time (last did it about 3-4 years ago).

I recently used extended warranty coverage for the first time to get the battery, power button and charging port on my iPhone replaced. I had to call Mastercard, not Citi, and they appear to outsource the claims process to a company called Sedgwick Claims Management Services. It took a few more days than my friend's similar Amex extended warranty claim for his iPhone, but I got a check in the mail for the full cost of the repairs.