FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:11 am
Paralytic

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I've got a situation where I was delayed for > 4 hours and also downgraded on one leg of the rerouted itinerary I was put on. More details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...bags-make.html
I chased BA via their twitter team today, and got a response via email an hour or so later:

Dear Paralytic

Thanks for your email dated xx August 2014. I apologise for the delay in our response.

I was disappointed to read that you missed your connecting flight from London Heathrow to San Francisco. I understand how frustrating this must've been for you. With your connection time being the minimum we recommend, any slight delay on disembarking can affect your ability to make your onward flight. We always recommend booking more than the minimum connecting time to allow for any delays that may occur.

In these circumstances this claim would not be eligible for EU compensation as the final delay was outside of our control. I understand if this is disappointing.

I'm sorry that we were unable to book you onto a direct flight with BA on the day of travel. I do hope that you found the flight from Vancouver to San Francisco comfortable.
They're claiming landing at an international gate and having to be bussed was "outside of our control".

Any thoughts/comments on what to do next? Reply threatening MCOL, or just go straight to MCOL?