FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Announcement: Starwood Announces SPG Pro from October 15, 2014 onwards
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:58 am
InsUW2

Programs: SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
As a current SPG Planner, I am happy to see my Plat bonus being extended to the points I'll earn as a SPG Pro.

I'm not thrilled to see 20 room nights being given credit for 1 elite night, since SPG previously has often had Planner promotions where 10 room nights were given that same 1 elite night credit--so that feels like a big devaluation.

I guess the fact that room occupancy and rates are higher is the reason they don't plan to give more--just like everyone else.

The Plat enhancements will be slightly helpful--if actually used by hotels that is--but not a major enhancement IMO.

I also don't support the idea floated herein that the Suite Night Awards should be terminated. I have had great success with them. I would prefer the Suite Night Awards enhanced--so that at SPG 75 nights you get the ability to confirm 14 days out...and SPG 100 nights you get the ability to confirm 21 days out. That would certainly keep my SPG business after 50 nights! (I'm at 76 nights now.)
I agree the change from 1 for 20 nights as compared to the 1 for 10 is a serious reduction but more so I see the cap that is placed at 20 nights per contract and the 20,000 points.

The new caps is is more of a concern for large group events.