FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:05 pm
Jigen666

IC Shanghai - Ruijin

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
A definite yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked DELUXE ROOM w/2 Queen beds. Received the same.

How are the rooms?
Very spacious and beautiful, large bathroom with 2 sinks, bathtub and large standing shower. It was much bigger than other IC properties I have stayed at. Had a high floor with a view of the garden and all of South Shanghai.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not use.

What was good and what was bad?
First and foremost the service was terrific! All of the staff treated us very well throughout our stay. When we had an issue, or concern, the staff bent over backwards to resolve it.

Location is convenient, it is an 8-10 minute walk to the nearest subway station, once you exit the grounds. It is in the center of Shanghai (Puxi) and close to everything.

Large private garden and old historical buildings throughout.

Requested and was granted 2PM checkout.

A large bottle of water and apples were already in the room. Received 2 free drink coupons upon check in (good only for coffee, or a soft drink from their bar).

Only negative is (and a minor one at that) is that the 2 main gate entrances (Maoming & Ruijin Rd) that lead to the streets off of the property, are a bit of a walk from the main hotel building (the club rooms are in a separate building slightly closer). There is a closer side exit behind the main hotel building, on Fuxing Rd, but it closes after 10PM.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Excellent rate for the quality of hotel, room, and service. I would be happy to return. I would also be happy to recommend it to others as well.