FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:20 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobby21
Denied for business card. Made sure old accounts were closed. Rep said the bonus is for 1st time card holders only. Last card received in 2010, closed July 2013. Should I try calling again and hopefully get a better rep? The rep sounded like she was reading from a computer and did not have any decision making powers - unlike my recon calls for the citi exec card. Not even sure they pulled my credit.
Did you also close the "master account" related to this last card? (It's unclear from your wording what exactly you closed.)

As stated multiple times in this thread, there are two accounts created when you open a Citi business card: the card account itself, and the "master account" (which would cover both that card and any employee cards they think you might get in the future). If you cancel just the card account only, you aren't cancelled enough to get a subsequent application for a new Citi business card approved.