FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2014 master thread
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:41 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Panama City

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed, see issues below

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 twin superior rooms. Received no rooms as they oversold!

- How are the rooms? Unsure

Good: So after the mess and me asking how they oversell and NOT hold the rooms for platinum members, they said they would put us up in the Royal Sonesta hotel, which is close to Novotel. This hotel is fantastic and seems very new. Rooftop pool on the 27th floor. They honored the same rate as Novotel, but we got breakfast also from Royal Sonesta! Great new gym and full sauna/steam room/turkish baths too here. Staff are very nice. The manager came and found us one day to ask how our stay was and if we were happier to be staying here than moving back to Novotel - we are staying here for the whole time now

Bad: Well the whole overall mess. Also the support for accor is quite poor, they kept on stating to me on the phone that I had a confirmed reservation when I explained the issue that there were no rooms left. They also followed up with an equally poor email, which had the wrong details of my reservation.

Will follow up with corporate/management when I leave Panama

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? n/a

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? The Novotel rate in the Royal Sonesta is amazing value. I would come to this hotel if in Panama City again!