FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about UA Earning with multiple short legs
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:13 am
Air Rarotonga

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by jtjiputr
Thank you both..
yes, there is one slight possible complication..
the flight from EWR to PIT and from PIT to EWR has the same flight number..
To make things possibly worst, it's on the same day.. I just have a 50 minutes turn around time in PIT.

Do you think this is ok?
I am trying to ticket this as a trip from BWI to PIT, so I am hoping it's ok..
otherwise, the whole EWR-PIT-EWR, could it possible that I may not get mileage at all?
NO, there is no problem!

You will have for each flight segment a flight coupon (you get 2 bordingpasses, 1 for EWR-PIT, 1 for PIT-EWR). Each flight counts individual, even with same flight number. After the departure of the flight, the operating sends the information to the frequent flyer programms with FFP number, name, flight number, departure and arrival airport. That happens individual after each flight.

If there would be only one flight number BWI-PIT and the flight makes a stop in EWR, then usually the airlines issue only one flight coupon, from BWI to PIT (you just get one bordingpass). Then you will only get this miles credited on the direct distance in between. That's not the case in your example. And seriously it would not make sens to credit a flight from EWR to EWR...

Keep all bordingpasses, until the flights were credited onto your account (just in case you have to make a retro claim of the miles).