FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
I'm not talking about styles, like what discussions they will allow. I'm talking about enforcing the fairly simple FT rules. Which I assume they agree to do when they accept the moderator role.

But from my understanding the Mod rules aren't public, so how do we know how simple they are? Also, what I am saying is that in any situation where you have multiple different people trying to enforce rules, the strictness of the rules is completely up to personal interpretation. What one person considers 'off topic' or even rude another may see as taking a long route to a valid point, playful or whatever.

For evidence of this issue outside of FT, I would like to shine a light on the legal system or even our own interactions with the banking industry. Not all rules are as clear as they seem to some, and there is usually quite a bit of variance between how people enforce them.

It's great to desire objectivity and complete fairness across an entire forum, but it isn't very realistic.