FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA bonus offers, when are they fulfilled?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:00 pm
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There have not been offers like this before! There have been spend offers for bonus miles before (but they post on the statement), but not for AC lounge passes (which don't post on the statement).

The closest parallel would have been offers to get AC lounge passes with credit card signup before, and they generally took months to get sent and often also took a lot of chasing down, which also probably would not have worked had the card been closed.
Indeed. More offers like this and I might not have wanted to cancel the card. I did find some additional small print saying "please allow 6-8 weeks after the following month in which the offer conditions were met for the One Day pass to arrive in the mail". So that's good news that they aren't waiting until the offer end date, then I would have no chance.

Originally Posted by startbyservingothers
I would also agree that you probably missed it. But what harm is it to try?

Grocery spend is so easy to get, I would go ahead and spend $250-$500 (Depending on the most economical way to get points in your area.)

Very low cost/outlay since either way you at least get the points earned from the purchase.
I agree, there's little reason not to try, although I can probably rack up $250 in restaurant spend quicker than supermarket.

I have until 8/20 to change my mind on the card type change. I'll knock out the spend by the end of July, but unless the passes really get expedited I won't know by 8/20 if they'll come. They've already credited the AA card annual fee back to me; if I undo the change they ought to re-post it, but maybe they wouldn't? Decisions...

The details:
Code:
Once your enrollment is complete, you'll receive 2 Admirals ClubŪ One-Day passes when you spend $250 on eligible purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and department stores by 09/30/14. Travel in style and enjoy both personalized comfort and business services at nearly 40 Admirals ClubŪ lounges worldwide, featuring complimentary beverages and snacks, Wi-Fi, work areas including copy services, and so much more.* 

* This offer starts within 2 business days of when you enroll and will end on 09/30/14. Eligible purchases exclude purchases made at warehouses and discount stores, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges. Department stores are classified as merchants that provide a general line of merchandise from departments that usually have separate checkout counters. Restaurants are classified as stand-alone dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for takeout, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Gas stations are classified as merchants that primarily sell vehicle fuel for consumer use. Grocery stores, including supermarkets, are classified as merchants that provide a complete line of food merchandise for home consumption. This offer includes convenience stores which are classified as merchants who sell a limited variety of food items. Admirals ClubŪ One Day Pass is valid for at least six months from date of mailing and is valid for use one day for one person per pass. The pass must be filled in completely and presented at time of visit. "Pass holder" must be at least 18 years of age and hold a same-day ticket for travel on American Airlines that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals ClubŪ lounge. Up to three children under 18 years of age admitted for free when accompanied with the adult "Pass holder". Please allow 6-8 weeks after the following month in which the offer conditions were met for the One-Day Pass to arrive in the mail. For additional details regarding rules, conditions and restrictions, visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub. All purchases must be posted during the promotional period. We do not determine how merchants are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant’s primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply-by-date of 08/31/14; however, if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required. This promotional offer is non-transferrable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.