FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions on KrisFlyer miles expiration
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:36 am
SQ319

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Was looking through the rules for KrisFlyer expiration, and here's my interpretation.

Miles expire after 3 years, there is no renewal period (it's not like most airlines where you can just add more miles and everything gets extended again). If there is no activity within 18mth, your miles also expire.

Is the 3 year expiration the time to use it, or does also include the time when the flight is redeemed? E.g. I transfer 200k KF miles on Aug 1 2014. On Jul 31 2017, I make a reservation for a flight on Dec 25-31 2017 using the miles, is that going to work?
Define "no activity within 18 months". This is my first time hearing this.

You can extend your expiring miles for an additional 6 months before they expire for good. If you are an Elite member, the extension would be for 12 months. There is a surcharge of 1,200 miles per 10,000 miles extended, iirc.

Yes, your suggested method in the last para will work as long as you ticket the reservation before the miles expire. Note that the ticket cannot be on waitlist or on hold, the ticket MUST be issued.

However, if in the event that you have to cancel the ticket and have the miles redeposited, the expired miles would then be expired and would not be redeposited.