FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:54 pm
jamar

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tmiw
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but HSBC's US cards are now EMV enabled (and are contactless! ): http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/pers...g/credit-cards

From reading the information there, it appears that the cards have a PIN but are signature priority like the other C&P cards in this country. But still, they support contactless. And that's pretty huge if you're going to be traveling somewhere where the mass transit no longer takes cash.
Are we looking at the same HSBC site? I don't see anything about EMV when I click the link. It would be nice to have, though- one more option with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee. Sure, they need you to be a customer first, but that's easy enough with their online savings account.

In any case, instead of all this fiddling around I went and got a Canadian TD account with Visa debit card this 4th of July, so no more worrying about CVM lists and whatnot when I head to Europe next month- if the machine wants Chip+Offline PIN that's exactly what it'll get.