FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:01 am
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by othermike27
The early indications are not good. I have two chipped Chase cards - CSP and Hyatt. From a Cardpeek scan, they both have the same CVM list:

1) unattended cash (i.e., ATM) - online PIN
2) signature
3) no CVM

So, no provision for any PIN verification on credit transactions. Makes you wonder about what Chase really meant with their "Chip+PIN" announcement in the wake of the Target breach. See here: http://www.bankrate.com/financing/cr...-chip-and-pin/

After jeffjaguar's report on the new USAA card, my expectations are lowered across the board. My USAA "real" Chip+PIN offline will expire next February, and I don't expect to go chasing any other cards that claim Chip+PIN until then at the earliest.
Ugh...so when Chase finally does get real C&P, I'm probably going to have to ask them to reissue my Sapphire Preferred again.

I really don't care what the priority order in the CVM list is, so long as signature, online PIN, and offline PIN all show up somewhere in the list. Has anyone taken a "new" USAA card with C&S priority and seen whether offline PIN shows up farther down in the CVM list?