FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning AA Miles/LPSs (&EQM / EQD / EQS) on EY / Etihad (master thread)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:40 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

A call in, I suspect-- although excellent advice-- is likely to yield no definitive answer and I'll tell ya why.

The AA.com language states:
Etihad Airways operated and marketed flights between New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD) ,Washington Dulles (IAD),Toronto (YYZ) and Abu Dhabi are not eligible for mileage accrual*
And, a very, very logical supposition would be "oh, they must have forgotten to add LAX and DFW"

As in, why exclude ORD/JFK/IAD/YYZ but *not* DFW and LAX? It's not like one set is stepping on the the toes of another AAdd partner or something, at least not one that comes to mind automatically-- that LAX/DFW *wouldn't*

Problem is this; the internal files for earning makes reference to AA.com being most up-to-date source.

Therefore, I assume/speculate that ACS will parrot that exact info.

What happens if one takes the LAX or DFW flights and the miles *don't* post? Well, I'd imagine they'd give 'em seeing as the average ticket-buyer hasn't any reason to delve anywhere near this deeply!

Of course they're not even elite-qualifying miles, so, on both sides, can't see that it makes all that much of a difference, really. YMMV needless to say.