FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding Area's Fall
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:04 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by f0xx
Anyone see this?
Make sure you turn on the adblockers/ghostery.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....old-status-30/

VFTW is getting classy.....
He says this in the comments now...

Gary Leff said,

In case it wasn’t obvious enough in the post, I strongly recommend against. Sharing because I found it curious, because it prompts all the other ways to get it, and because it suggests a ‘going market rate’ for the status.
However I assumed the real reason was this tidbit in his original post (at the end of a list of current legitimate ways to get Gold):

The simplest — and current as well as totally ‘above board’ — way to get Hilton Gold is to just sign up for their credit card. The annual fee on the Hilton Reserve card is $85, but comes with 2 free weekend nights at almost any Hilton property in the world after meeting minimum spend, and a $100 statement credit with your first qualifying Hilton spend.
Which just happens to be an affiliate link, natch.

I don't agree that the eBay sale necessarily reflects a "going market rate" for Gold status. That would be like using the street price of stolen or counterfeit goods to establish a market rate for an item.

Unless I'm wrong and somehow this ebay seller has legitimate authorization to re-sell Gold upgrades. Considering they ask buyers to send their HHonors account number an PIN I'm guessing not.