FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:19 am
ntr91

Originally Posted by medichill
Philly area Giant:

If I look in my account, I have two categories: Choice Rewards Points and Extra Rewards points. They each carry their own balances. The Extra Reward expire June 28th but the Choice Rewards don't expire until towards the end of July.

I am 100% sure the Choice Rewards don't all disappear when you fill up because I have used them before and my wife just used them this morning and there is still a balance. I believe the same is the case with the Extra Rewards points.

I have two accounts that are joined and I'm trying to make sure I always load the Choice Rewards because they last longer. I'm still a little confused but trying to figure it all out!

"Choice Rewards" is the name for the program in the Horsham/Willow Grove/Warminster area. Due to the traffic problems caused by the fill ups on the last day of the promo (cars backed out on a main highway), Upper Moreland Township required Giant to either change or eliminate the program, otherwise they'd pull the operating permit for the gas station. Because there are several Giants without gas pumps in the vicinity, they took a ~5 mile radius and moved them over into "Choice Rewards", where there's an option for 5% coupons, and points expire at the end of the following month. The locations are:
  • Horsham
  • Willow Grove
  • Roslyn
  • Grant Ave, Philadelphia
  • Huntingdon Valley
  • Southampton
  • Warminster
  • Feasterville
  • Jamison
  • Flourtown

Any other Giant of Carlisle, including Maple Glen which is within the 5-mile radius, is on the regular Gas Rewards program, in which points expire soon after they're earned.