FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:25 am
Dolphinyong

Warning : Don't contact IHG customer care at all if you registered for the promo code

Last week, a friend of mine got his account closed after his first stay with IHG. He registered for the promo codes from blogs. After his stay, IHG posted his stay as 'non-qualifying' stay which is incorrect, so he contacted customer care. IHG customer care responded that they will make the correction and nothing else is mentioned. At the moment he received his email, he couldn't log into account anymore.

A further correspondence with IHG customer care has revealed that his account is terminated after auditing without giving him any reason.

His colleague who stayed at the same hotel, registered for the same promo codes at the same time got his stay posted correctly with the promo points without any problem and his account is still alive.

The funny is exactly the same thing happened to another friend of mine yesterday with exactly the same scenario.

So, I think we could draw a conclusion : Don't contact IHG Customer care for whatever reason if you registered for those promo codes and pray that the stay will post correctly=)