FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Encroaches Further on AS' Turf - Master Thread
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:55 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, the interchange flights (AA crew from IAH-DFW-SEA and AS crew from SEA-ANC-FAI with AA birds half the year and AS birds the other half). They were scheduled on 727-200's. The interchange fell apart when the last 727-200's were being retired. Airline unions couldn't come to an agreement to continue the interchange on MD-80's (which both AA and AS had at the time).
You know I made an earlier post regarding my looking at moving over to DL or AA as I near my 75k marker for the year and the response from DL was very interesting. First no question it's over, second their status match was ONLY to Gold not PLT which more reflects my mileage flown per year. When I questioned the supervisor about this she simply said thats DL's policy with regard to AS flyers to which I said thats a step down for me and it appears you really don't want people moving over! Got a mumble and thats the policy. So I scorched DL.

AA and UA were entirely different. To be fair I am talking to AA purchasing an Air Pass