FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Reserve Anniversary Certificate
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:58 pm
fozziedoggie

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I paid the annual renewal fee on the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card in March, and still no certificate by June 2. I e-mailed a complaint to Citi after getting unhelpful phone help -- non-functional phone prompts and a representation who told me to "Call Hilton".
This has been the dysfunctionality of the Citi/Hilton free night certificate award program from the beginning. You will find many FT member posts that indicate both Citi and Hilton blame each other when reached by telephone. I finally filed a complaint (false advertising practices) with the banking regulation authority that oversees credit card products (do a web search for the exact authority). Within four days, a Sr. CSR from Citi called me, she worked it all out with HHonors and corrected the problem.

The last time I had to deal with this issue, Citi stated that the electronic fulfillment notifications are sent to Hilton to post in our HHonrs accounts. Citi strongly believes the cause of our collective aggravation lies with Hilton and their IT department's inability to work out a seamless transfer.

Now that we have an official HHonors representative back on this forum, I suggest you reach out to them via PM. If you do, either you or the HHonors rep should report back to all of us...I'm due my next anniversary certificate next month...may have to go the regulator route again.

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Jun 3, 2014 at 7:40 pm